Advertisement

Main Ad

A Stormy Night - Poem

 


When I have crept into my bed

 On a wild and windy night

When dad has warmly tucked me in

And turned out every light

 

I lie and listen to the wind

As it blows in gusts and squalls

And rattles all the window frames

And shakes the very walls

 

I hear the dreary drops of rain

A-drumming on the glass

And drowning all the noises

The vehicle that pass

 

I think of helpless birds and beasts

Exposed to wind and rain

Of little shivering homeless things

That seek for warmth in vain

 

And thoughts of sailors

Longing for dawn to break

Disturb my mind and move my heart

And keep me wide awake

 

But when I have breathed a prayer and said

 “ Dear father, please to keep

Thy little children from all harm”

 I then can go to sleep.

Run To The Rain(HORROR) by ahmadkamilroslan

 

Rainy Background, Rain Drops On The Window At Night, Autumn Season  Backdrop, Abstract Textured Wallpaper Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty Free  Image. Image 89191015. 

 

 Do Birds Fly In The Rain? - Birdwatching Buzz 

 Black sailing boat illustration, old ship, ship, artwork, haryarti HD  wallpaper | Wallpaper Flare

 

Post a Comment

29 Comments

  1. hahaha, how innocent the little boy is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow
    Soothing
    Indeed evoking
    Missing those golden days

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stormy night blazed my morning with nosta😍 Nice work sir🙌🏻

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ho!!!
    Could create an unspeakable movement in my ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet and nostalgic
    ♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really Touching.
    Nice lines...
    brooo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like this innocent child.
    How empethetic he is ��❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice
    Cute
    Loved it.

    ReplyDelete

looking forward your feedbacks in the comment box.