Advertisement

Main Ad

To India – My Native Land by Henry Louis Vivian Derozio

 To India My Native Land

My country! In thy days of glory past
A beauteous halo circled round thy brow

and worshipped as a deity thou wast

Where is thy glory, where the reverence now?

Thy
eagle pinion is chained down at last,
And grovelling in the lowly dust art thou,

Thy minstrel hath no wreath to weave for thee

Save the sad story of thy misery!

Well
let me dive into the depths of time
And bring from out the ages, that have rolled

A few sm
all fragments of these wrecks sublime
Which human eye may never more behold

And let the guerdon of my labour be,

My fallen country! One kind wish for thee!

 To India, My Native Land -Henry Louis Vivian Derozio | by The Literature  Girl | Medium

Post a Comment

0 Comments