Advertisement

Main Ad

MEG 6 American literature - Syllabus outline

 

Historical context

    The Puritan context in America

    American Romanticism: Transcendentalism

 

Poetry

   Walt Whitman - 1.Song of Myself, 2.When Lilacs Last in the Dooryard Bloom'd, 3.Passage to India

 

Emily Dickinson - 1.The Soul selects her own Society,

2.I am saying everyday , 3.It would never be Common more I said, 4. I measure every Grief I meet, 5.Because I could not stop for Death, 6.My Life Had Stood a Loaded Gun

 

Robert Frost

 1.Mending wall, 2.Birches

Wallace Stevens

1.Sunday morning, 2.The Emperor of Ice-Cream

3.The Idea of Order at Key West

 

William carlos Williams

The red wheel barrow

 

Adrienne rich

Aunt Jennifer’s tigers

 

 

Short story

   Ernest Hemingway

       A Clean, Well-Lighted Place

William Faulkner

      The bear

 

Fiction

Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

by Mark Twain

The Bluest Eye

by Toni Morrison

The Scarlet Letter

Novel by Nathaniel Hawthorne

 

 

Drama

Hairy ape 

   Eugene O'Neill

Death of a salesman

   Arthur Miller

 

 

 The Modern Period in American Literature 1915

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments