Advertisement

Main Ad

Introducing Literature Model Questions - Module 1

 

1.      Identify the adjuncts from the following sentences:

            He spoke louder

            She spoke at the conference

2.      I will help you out if you confide in me – Identify the phrasal verbs and write down its meaning.

3.      Identify the paratactic and hypotactic sentences from the given passage –

-      I see the tracks of the railroads of the earth, I see them in Great Britain, I see them in Europe, I see them in Asia and in Africa.

-       One December morning near the end of the year when snow was falling moist and heavy for miles all around, so that the earth and the sky were indivisible

4.      Replace the monotransitive verb with ditransitive verb:

She rode a bicycle.

5.      Mark enjambment or caesura in the following stanzas:

Your eyes on me were as eyes that rove

 Over tedious riddles of years ago;

 And some words played between us to and fro

On which lost the more by our love

6.      Explain personification and hyperbole with examples?

7.      My love is like a red, red rose –Identify the figure of speech and state how it enhances meaning?

8.      Mark the sense groups in the following passage :

Among the great leaders of India's renaissance, Jawaharlal Nehru stands out prominently. He was born at Allahabad on November 14, 1889. He was educated at home until the age of sixteen by English governesses and tutors.

9.      Fill in the blanks with the right collocations.

Choose from the words given in the brackets (hard, great, show, pay, take, draw, big, evince, bid)

 My father said “…………. attention when I speak.” He was a monster most of the time. He never ……………….any interest in my life. My mother was a ………working woman. I had …………admiration for my mother. She………….. her role seriously.

10. I wandered lonely as a cloud

That floats on high o'er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd,

A host, of golden daffodils;

Beside the lake, beneath the trees,

Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

 

Continuous as the stars that shine

And twinkle on the milky way,

They stretched in never-ending line

Along the margin of a bay:

Ten thousand saw I at a glance,

Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

 

What are the figures of speech in the poem? How does the poet convey his meaning through them?

 

11.  Write a poem based on the following image



Post a Comment

0 Comments